The comprehensive guide to Google Ads strategy
Do you have an effective Google Ads strategy?
Go beyond tactics: aligning Google Ads with your business objectives
Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords) is one of the best and most powerful online advertising platforms available today. Used correctly it can be a very effective, cost-efficient advertising tool for your business.
Just as with any marketing platform, however, the key to the success of your Google Ads campaigns lies in the planning and preparation. A good Ads strategy that lays out the foundations of your campaigns—and integrates them with your wider marketing and business strategy—can be the difference between success and failure.
What Is In This Guide?
Using both theory and practical examples, this guide will give you a firm grounding in the fundamentals of Google Ads strategy, allowing you to take full advantage of the unique advantages and opportunities that the Google Ads platform offers. It also covers how to properly integrate Ads into your wider marketing efforts for maximum impact and cost- effectiveness.
Throughout this paper, you will learn:
- How to effectively plan your Google Ads strategy
- How to turn this strategy into a winning set of campaigns
- How to integrate Google Ads into your wider marketing efforts
This guide is intended to be read in its entirety, but it’s designed so you can easily jump between sections if there are particular areas you want to focus on.
Who Is This Guide For?
This guide is for marketers in charge of planning and overseeing a company’s marketing efforts, who want to develop a strategy that
incorporates and takes full advantage of the unique features and opportunities of the Google Ads platform. It is also for anyone interested in
learning the wider strategy considerations behind the actual building and optimisation of the campaigns.
To reiterate, this guide is focused purely on strategy.
What Will I Learn?
From creating a forecast of likely campaign costs and target returns, to using campaign data to improve the customer journey, this guide will teach you how to see the bigger picture and design a holistic Google Ads strategy.
It also covers how to properly integrate Ads into your wider marketing efforts for maximum impact and cost-effectiveness.
Throughout this paper, you will learn how to:
- Avoid being too granular in your approach
- Effectively plan your Google Ads strategy
- Position yourself in the Google Ads market
- Gather useful customer insights
- Create a winning set of campaigns
- Narrow the focus of your ad's targeting
- Convey different brand messages to your target segments
- Deliver a smooth customer experience
- Distribute your ads effectively
- Fully integrate your campaigns with your other marketing channels
- Use data to continually adjust and optimise your ads
Complete the form to get instant access to your free guide!